Fiber laser is a new type of laser that is newly developed in the world. By outputting a laser beam with high energy density and focusing on the surface of the workpiece, the area irradiated by the ultra-fine focus spot on the workpiece is instantly melted and vaporized, and the spot is moved by a CNC mechanical system Realize automatic cutting by irradiating position. Compared with bulky gas lasers and solid-state lasers, it has obvious advantages and has gradually developed into an important candidate in the fields of high-precision laser processing, lidar systems, space technology, and laser medicine.
The sheet metal laser cutting machine can be used for plane cutting or bevel cutting, and the edges are neat and smooth. It is suitable for high-precision cutting processing such as metal plates. Compared with the ordinary carbon dioxide laser cutting machine, it saves more space and gas consumption and has a high photoelectric conversion rate. CNC laser metal cutting machine is a new energy-saving and environmentally-friendly product and one of the world's leading technological products. Compared with traditional oxyacetylene, plasma, and other cutting processes, laser cutting speed is fast, the slit is narrow, the heat-affected zone is small, the edge of the slit is perpendicular, and the cutting edge is smooth. At the same time, there are many types of materials that can be laser cut, including stainless steel, cutting of carbon steel, alloy steel, silicon steel, spring steel, aluminum, aluminum alloy, galvanized sheet, aluminized zinc sheet, pickling sheet, copper, silver, gold, titanium, and other metal plates and pipes.
The laser is a kind of light, like other natural light, it is produced by the transition of atoms (molecules or ions, etc.). But it is different from ordinary light in that the laser only relies on spontaneous emission for a very short period of time, and the subsequent process is completely determined by the excitation radiation. Therefore, the laser has a very pure color, almost no divergent directionality, and extremely high luminous intensity and high coherence.
Laser cutting is achieved by applying high power density energy generated by laser focusing. Under the control of the computer, the laser is discharged through pulses to output a controlled repetitive high-frequency pulsed laser to form a beam with a certain frequency and a certain pulse width. The pulsed laser beam is guided and reflected by the optical path and focused by the focusing lens group. On the surface of the processed object, a small, high-energy-density light spot is formed. The focal spot is located near the surface to be processed, and the processed material is melted or vaporized at an instant high temperature. Each high-energy laser pulse instantly sputters a small hole on the surface of the object. Under computer control, the laser processing head and the processed material perform continuous relative movement according to the pre-drawn graphics, so that the object will be processed into The shape you want. The process parameters (cutting speed, laser power, gas pressure, etc.) and motion trajectory during slitting are controlled by the numerical control system, and the slag at the slit is blown away by a certain pressure of auxiliary gas.
1. The fiber laser has high electrical-to-optical conversion efficiency, with a conversion efficiency of more than 30%. The low-power fiber laser does not need to be equipped with a chiller. The use of air cooling can greatly save power consumption during work, save operating costs, and achieve the highest production effectiveness.
2. When the laser is running, only electric power is needed, no extra gas to generate the laser is required, and it has the lowest operation and maintenance cost.
3. The fiber laser adopts semiconductor modular and redundant design. There is no optical lens in the resonant cavity and no start-up time is required. It has the advantages of adjustment-free, maintenance-free, and high stability, which reduces the cost of accessories and maintenance time. Those are unmatched by traditional lasers.
4. The output wavelength of the fiber laser is 1.064 microns, which is 1/10 of the CO2 wavelength. The output beam quality is high, the power density is high, and it is very conducive to the absorption of metal materials. It has excellent cutting and welding capabilities so that the processing lowest cost.
5. The whole machine is optically transmitted by optical fiber and does not require complicated light guide systems such as mirrors. The optical path is simple, the structure is stable, and the external optical path is maintenance-free.
6. The cutting head contains protective lenses so that the consumption of expensive consumables such as focusing lenses is extremely small.
7. The light is exported through the optical fiber, which makes the design of the mechanical system very simple and easy to integrate with the robot or multi-dimensional workbench.
8. After the laser is added with a shutter, it can be one device and multiple machines, through the optical fiber splitting, divided into multiple channels and multiple units working at the same time, easy to expand the function, easy and simple to upgrade.
9. The fiber laser is small in size, light in weight, movable in working position, and small in footprint.
There are four processes for laser cutting: vaporization cutting, melting cutting, oxidation melting cutting (laser flame cutting), and controlled fracture cutting. Fiber laser cutting belongs to vaporization cutting and melting cutting. So briefly explain vaporized cutting and melting cutting.
In the laser gasification cutting process, the speed of the material surface temperature rising to the boiling point temperature is so fast that it is enough to avoid melting caused by heat conduction, so part of the material vaporizes into steam and disappears, and part of the material is sprayed from the bottom of the slit by auxiliary gas The flow blows away. In this case, very high laser power is required.
In order to prevent material vapor from condensing on the slit wall, the thickness of the material must not greatly exceed the diameter of the laser beam. This process is therefore only suitable for applications where the removal of molten material must be avoided. This processing is actually only used in areas where iron-based alloys are very small.
In laser melting and cutting, the workpiece is partially melted and the melted material is ejected by airflow. The laser beam is matched with high-purity inert cutting gas to drive the melted material to leave the kerf, and the gas itself does not participate in the cutting. Because the transfer of the material only occurs in its liquid state, the process is called laser melting and cutting.
BLMA is China's top 10 laser cutting machine manufacturer. At BLMA, we offer high-quality sheet metal laser cutter and professional CNC fiber laser cutting machine knowledge. If you have any needs, please contact us!